Mountain Ridge Junior High Counseling
801-610-8759 / Fax: 801-763-7017
Our Comprehensive school counseling program will focus on what students should know, understand, and be able to do in these four domains:
1. Academic/learning 2. Life/career 3. Multicultural/global citizen 4. Personal/social
WHAT WE DO:
- Help all students develop a formalized four or five year plan for college and career readiness.
- Implement a program that includes instruction on the Utah High School to College and Career Pathways.
- Encourage students to take appropriate math, science and writing classes.
- Help students build schedules based on individual career goals.
- Implement a college career goal plan that helps more students develop post-secondary education and training plans.
- Encourage students to take career and technical education classes.
- More students achieving math and reading proficiency
- More students taking the ACT and higher ACT scores
- Higher graduation rates
- More students participate in non-traditional preparation programs
–Utah School Counseling Evaluation, University of Massachusetts, April 2010
EmailA – G
H – N
O – Z
Academic Intervention Specialist